I am convinced that if you do not like cheesecake you are either an alien or something is seriuously wrong with your taste buds. While I happen to love crust, my husband is not a crust kind of guy but he does love cheesecake. So I was on a hunt for a simple crustless cheesecake recipe online and made a few tweeks to make it perfect.
Here is what you will need:
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups sour cream, room temperature
8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1½ cups sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Here is how to do it!
* Coat the inside of a 10 inch springform pan with butter. Be generous with the butter 😉
* Use aluminum foil to wrap around the outside of the pan covering bottom and sides.
* Preheat oven to 300º.
* Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
* Add eggs one at a time until blended.
* Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
* Add sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice, beat for about 2 minutes or until smooth
* Pour the batter into the springform pan
* Place the pan in a roasting pan large enough so that none of the sides touch the pan. (This is why tight aluminum foil is so important. No water can seep into the pan)
* Place the pan into oven
* With the rack of the over pulled out, carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan so that it reaches halfway up sides of springform pan. (be careful not to splash any water onto cake)
*Bake for 2 hours, or until cake is lightly browned on top.
*Remove the pan from water, remove foil and cool completely at room temperature before unlatching and removing rim.
*Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. It is best to chill it overnight. The longer in the fridge the better set the cheesecake will be. Eat plan or with fresh fruit and whip cream on top like I did below! So delish!
Let me know how it comes out!
Until Next Time!